|Following is the text of the application filed before the Liberhan Commission of Inquiry, on behalf of Gauri Advani, for becoming a witness to bring out the truth of the Babri Masjid demolition before the Commission.
According to his daughter-in-law, LK
» conspired with Vinay Katyar to demolish the Babri Mosque;
» is a Sikh; he does not believe in Hinduism
» got idols of Hindu gods and goddesses melted and used to make his household cutlery.
» said that withoud playing the religious card BJP cannot come to power;
» faked a false gotra before embarking on his rath yatra that left behind a trail of blood and destruction.
Most respectfully showeth:
1. That the applicant is a Hindu by religion.
2. That the applicant got married on 12.10.1991 to Jayant Advani, son of LK Advani, the present home minister of India.
3. That the applicant is currently pursuing her profession in law and is a practising solicitor in London.
4. That the applicant has read in the newspapers that LK Advani, the current home minister of India was summoned and he had made a statement before this Hon’ble Commission. LK Advani has expressed his anguish at the demolition of Babri mosque and has denied any culpability or involvement in the demolition of Babri mosque.
5. That the applicant submits that the statement made by LK Advani before this Hon’ble Commission is nothing but a bundle of lies based upon concocted and false facts. The applicant has the relevant and material information which would help this Hon’ble Commission to elicit the truth and unravel the controversy shrouding the demolition of Babri mosque.
6. That the applicant got married in October 1991 became witness to the religious politics being played/advocated by Advani.
7. That even prior to the marriage, the applicant had known LK Advani and his family. Right from November 1989 till her wedding in October 1991, the applicant had worked as Special Assistant with LK Advani and was looking after the New Delhi constituency from where LK Advani had contested and won the election. The applicant even used to go to the Parliament Secretariat alongwith Kamla Advani to help LK Advani in his parliamentary work. The applicant, at that time, had deep faith in the ideology which LK Advani used to propagate and bonafidely believed whatever Mr Advani used to tell her, as gospel truth.
8. That soon after the marriage, the applicant came to know that LK Advani and his wife Kamla Advani and other family members do not follow the rites, rituals and ceremonies attached with Hinduism and are basically followers of the Sikh religion. Despite being a follower of the Sikh religion, LK Advani was using Hinduism to mobilize the Hindu vote bank. Hinduism was used to play with the sentiments of general Hindu masses in order to garner support and the vote of the Hindu masses to enable the BJP to come to power at the Centre.
9. That LK Advani, in the privacy of home had confided to the applicant on the occasion of Deepavali in 1991 that though he has no faith in Hinduism, but to maintain and appease the religious constituency of his Party, he had to keep this charade. He in fact, further informed the applicant that he has no ‘‘Gotra’’, but at the time of starting his rath yatra from Somnath in 1990, he had coined the Bhardwaj Brahmin Gotra to avoid embarrassment as the Pujaris in various temples en route to Ayodhya would have asked about his ‘‘Gotra’’ and Hindu connection.
LK Advani told the applicant that this information about the Bhardwaj Gotra should remain secret and no one outside the family should come to know.
10. That the fact that LK Advani had misled the general Hindu public by playing a fraud upon them by claiming to belong to Bhardwaj Gotra, came to the knowledge of the applicant only on Deepavali in 1991 though the applicant had also joined LK Advani for his rath yatra. Advani lied and misled the Hindu masses and the nation about his religious association in order to develop and nurture the vote bank of Hindus in favour of his Party.
11. That on or around 28 November 1991, an application was moved in the Hon’ble Supreme Court seeking permission to carry out symbolic kar seva in Ayodhya. Anticipating favourable orders from the Hon’ble Supreme Court, LK Advani decided to start another rath yatra from Varanasi in eastern UP to mobilize kar sevaks for the kar seva. The applicant and Kamla Advani had accompanied LK Advani to Lucknow on 30 November 1992 morning when all of them left for Varanasi by North East Express from Delhi.
12. That the applicant submits that LK Advani started his rath yatra on 1 December 1992 from Varanasi. Before the start of the Rath Yatra, Vinay Katiyar came to meet LK Advani. The applicant was also present in this meeting. It was in this meeting, LK Advani and Vinay Katiyar in the presence of the applicant, conspired to demolish the Babri mosque and discussed the details and finer aspects involved in the action plan to demolish the Babri mosque. LK Advani told Vinay Katiyar that the ultimate aim of the rath yatra, which he had been undertaking right from 1990 and the build up to kar seva by mobilizing the Ram Bhakt Brick movement, is not only to do kar seva and appease Hindu sentiments but also to garner and muster votes and come to power at the Centre. LK Advani categorically linked religion, exploitation of Hindu sentiments and the opportunity to do the kar seva with the real aim of benefiting BJP politically by mustering the Hindu vote bank. He also discussed that in order to create a strong Hindu vote bank, which would vote for BJP, the time has come to encash the Hindu sentiments by carrying out the demolition of the Babri mosque. LK Advani told Vinay Katiyar that the movement to build a Ram Temple at Babri mosque had to be taken to its logical end, ie coming to power at the Centre and that would not be possible without demolishing the Babri mosque as that will unite the Hindu vote bank in favour of the BJP.
13. While leaving to start the rath yatra, LK Advani told Vinay Katiyar that the right opportunity has come and since a large number of kar sevaks would be congregating in Ayodhya for kar seva, demolition can easily be done. The applicant remembers that LK Advani said ‘‘Iska kaam kar do,’’ then again said ‘‘Kya Babri Masjid ka kalank nahin mit sakta’’. Vinay Katiyar looked at the applicant and then said to LK Advani that ‘Ham to aapke aadesh ka intzar kar rahen hain, aur agar aap bole to masjid ka namo-nishaan mita de.’ LK Advani at that time smiled and then said ‘To intzar kis baat ka, kaam kar do, gulaami ke nishaan kab tak rahenge. Masjid ko dhawasth kar ke dikhao – sahi samay aa gaya hai.’
After this, LK Advani left the meeting to start the rath yatra. The applicant and Kamla Advani came back to Delhi.
14. That the applicant was not surprised at this outpouring of LK Advani. Even at home, LK Advani and other family members used to say that the kar seva in Ayodhya would not remain restricted to ‘‘Bhajan or Kirtan’’ and we are not going to Ayodhya to only sing Bhajans. It was the common refrain during discussions at home that BJP can only come to power by playing the religion card. The Hindu vote bank has to be created and encashed for BJP to form the government at the Centre. LK Advani used to comment at home that the only possible way to achieve the above objective was by hoodwinking the Hindu masses and using Hindu sentiments to demolish the symbols of slavery and past Muslim domination.
15. That after the demolition of Babri mosque, on his return home, when the applicant asked as to what had happened, LK Advani exulted ‘‘Jo karne gaye the, woh kar aye’’ and he expressed his happiness over the demolition.
The applicant submits that LK Advani and Vinay Katiyar conspired together and are fully responsible for the demolition of the Babri mosque as it was they who not only instigated the Hindu masses to not restrict the symbolic kar seva to Bhajan and Kirtan but to demolish the Babri mosque. The said demolition was carried out with a view to capture power at the Centre for the BJP.
16. That right after Somnath Yatra in 1990, during and after the demolition of the Babri mosque, LK Advani got various silver gifts in the form of Hindu Gods and Goddesses, swords and bricks from Hindu individuals, associations and temples. Since LK Advani and his family members do not follow Hinduism, all these silver items/gifts were melted in Bombay (with the help of Sarla Advani who is sister of Kamla Advani and lives in Bombay) to make silver utensils and cutlery items. LK Advani used to claim at home that he does not believe in Hindu Gods and Goddesses and keeping them at home serves no useful purpose. LK Advani therefore, decided to melt these gift items to use the silver to make the utensils and cutlery items. In fact, on many occasions, the applicant had with a heavy heart helped Kamla Advani in packing all these silver gift items associated with the Hindu religion in bags which Sarla Advani used to carry to Bombay by a train. She always used to travel by train because the baggage is not checked as it is done in the air journey. These silver utensils and cutlery items are being used in the house of LK Advani.
17. That a big fraud has been perpetrated on this great Nation, Hindu masses and on this Hon’ble Commission by LK Advani. LK Advani and his family do not follow Hinduism and they did not permit the applicant to do Puja at home. In fact, in the privacy of LK Advani’s home, Hinduism is ridiculed, scoffed and made fun of whereas in public LK Advani claims himself to be the guardian and symbol of Hinduism, as he did in the guise of Lord Rama on top of the Ram Rath. All these claims are false, bogus and fabricated to advance his political career by playing a fraud on the sentiments of Hindu masses and to hoodwink them into forming a vote bank which has been used by his party to come to power at the Centre.
18. That the applicant shall make a detailed statement on this before this Hon’ble Commission, bringing out many other aspects not mentioned above as it is not possible to mention or enumerate all of them in writing. The applicant submits herself for examination by this Hon’ble Commission. In the facts and circumstances explained above, it is respectfully prayed that this Hon’ble Commission be pleased,
a. to summon the applicant to make her statement on oath and disclose the true and correct facts before this Hon’ble Commission to elicit the truth,
b. pass such order or further orders as this Hon’ble Commission may deem fit and proper in the facts and circumstances of the case.
(Mrs Gauri Advani)
C-1/27, Pandara Park, New Delhi
Startling revelation about the demolition q