‘Babri Masjid was not demolished on 6 December 1992’
Lucknow: Nirmohi Akhara’s 11th witness in Babri Masjid ownership case, Bhanu Pratap Singh, said something novel in his statement on 7 May that on 6 December 1992 Babri Masjid was not demolished. In reply to a question by Zafaryab Jilani in the presence of Special Commissioner, Hari Shankar Dubey, Singh said he had heard that in order to bring the building to its original form, the mosque was pulled down. He further said that he had never heard anything about Babri
When Jilani referred to his earlier statement in which he had commented on Babri Masjid, he said that he might have said so.
Singh said that till date he has neither read nor heard anything about Babri Masjid in newspapers, TV or radio. He had said during cross-examination earlier that he did not read newspapers at all but in reply to another question he admitted that he had been reading Hindi newspapers right from 1986 but in those newspapers he did not read anything about Babri Masjid. He said that in order to bring an old and worn-out building like Babri Masjid to its original shape or to repair or improve it, it was not necessary to destroy it. His cross-examination by Jilani is still
continuing.(Rashtriya Sahara [Urdu daily] May 8, 2004)
to the PRINT edition NOW: Get the COMPLETE picture
pages choke-full of news, views & analysis on the Muslim scene in India & abroad...
Delivered at your doorstep, Twice a month
Indian Muslim Islamic News