INDIA MILLI COUNCIl
helds the BJP government in Gujarat squarely responsible for the carnage
March 2, 2002:
A delegation of All India Milli Council met the Prime Minister Atal Behari Vajpayee today. The delegation expressed their deep concern and anguish over ongoing anti-Muslim pogrom in Gujarat. The delegation held the BJP government in Gujarat squarely responsible for the carnage. The delegation told to the Prime Minister that Gujarat state government machinery was aiding and abetting the violence against the hapless Muslims of the state. The delegation also expressed heartfelt grief over the ghastly incident of burning of passengers of Sabarmati Express at Godhara on February 27, 2002, and condemned the act as inhuman and barbaric. The delegation comprised the following:
Dr. Manzoor Alam, Meem Afzal, (Maulana) Jalaluddin Ansar Umri, Mohammad
Jafar, Dr. SQR Ilyas, Hakim Zilur Rahman, Maulana Abdul Wahab Khilji, (Maulana) Abdul
Qayum, Mushtaque Ahmad Advocate (Supreme Court), Naved Hamid, (Maulana) Amiduzzaman
Kairainwi, Dr. S. A. Bari, Kamal Farooqui, Mauji Khan, Izhar Karim
The delegation made the following demands:
1. Immediate dismissal of Gujarat state government and imposition of President’s rule in the state.
2. Deployment of Army in all the riot-affected areas to control the situation.
3. Deployment of Army in and around Ayodhya.
4. Provision for immediate relief to all the survivors of present carnage.
5. Provision for tax and other legal exemptions for relief and rehabilitation of survivors on the lines of Gujarat earthquake victims.
6. Institution of inquiry under a sitting Judge of the Supreme Court in to the entire pogrom including role of Gujarat State government.
7. Bringing to justice all those involved in the current anti-Muslim pogrom in Gujarat.
8. Banning of Vishwa Hindu Parishad, Bajrang Dal and other Sangh Parivar outfits involved in the current pogrom in Gujarat.
9. Seizure of records of Police Control Rooms throughout the Gujarat State
10.Compensation to all the victims of violence on the lines of Delhi High Court judgement on 1984
ALL INDIA MILLI COUNCIL
Jogabai, Jamia Nagar, OKHLA, NEW DELHI - 110025
Phone : 6906678, 6841846 WEB: www.aimcNd.org