The Milli Gazette
Jobs @ MG
you haven't seen the print edition,
missed it ALL
me the print edition
» The Milli Gazette's Message
2002: Indian Muslim
For Latest Indian Muslim
Statements click here
Indian Muslim Statements during 2001 click here
Archive of Indian Muslim Statements click here
|Indian Muslim Federation
UK MUSLIMS DEMAND WITHDRAWL OF CHARITABLE STATUS OF HINDU SWAYAMSEVAK SANGH (HSS UK), VISHWA HINDU PARISHAD (UK)
AND THEIR AFFILIATES
London, 15 December, 2002: At a special meeting held at Indian Muslim Federation (UK), Muslims demanded that the UK Government ban the activities of Hindu Swayamsevak Sangh (HSS), Vishwa Hindu Parishad (VHP) and its associates in UK for its terrorist activities. The meeting also demanded that the UK Charity Commission withdraw the charity status of these organisations including SEWA International which has links with these fascist organisation by providing funds collected in name of the charity work and allegedly used for genocide of Muslims in Gujarat in India this year.
On 12 December 2002, the British TV Channel 4 News in its coverage for Funding Gujarat Extremists (For reference log on website http://www.channel4.com/news exposed the financial and political links between UK based extremist Hindu groups and Indian fascist paramilitary organisations that are at the forefront of organised violence and atrocities against Muslim in India. Funds collected in the UK under the guise of charitable relief and development were being sent to extremist Hindu organisations, such as the Vanavasi Kalyan Ashram (VKA), in India.
One of the main organistaion linked with these groups has been named and known for long time is SEWA International (log on sewainternational.com VHP and RSS supported Gujarat based VKA has confirmed in the programme that the VKA receives funds from SEWA International.
The meeting held at Indian Muslim Federation Hall demanded that:
1. The UK Charity Commission withdraws the charitable status of UK based Hindu Swayamsewak Sangh (HSS), Vishwa Hindu Parishad (VHP), SEWA International and all its affiliated organisations.
2. Ban HSS (UK), VHP (UK) and their affiliated organistaions including National Hindu Students Forum.
3. The local and public sector authorities cease funding of the HSS (UK), the VHP (UK) and their affiliated organisations and withdraw patronage and material support for HSS and VHP branch meetings and events.
4. All publicly funded Hindu organisations are probed to ascertain that they are not affiliated to the HSS, VHP or their affiliated organisations.
5. UK political parties, and their representatives, including Ministers, Lords, MPs and Councillors, refuse political accommodation, patronage, endorsement, or support for the HSS, the VHP and all their affiliated organisations.
6. Academic institutions, including student bodies, refuse to endorse or support the HSS-affiliated National Hindu Students Forum.
The meeting further urged that all donors to make sure that they are not supporting organisations that back violence in India.
Indian Muslim Federation (UK)
Trinity Close, London E11 4RP; Tel: +44 20 8558 6399; Fax: +44 20 8539
Read and support
The Milli Gazette