Civil Liberties Monitoring
Illegal arrest of Moulana Naseerddin president TTSI of A.P, by Gujarat police by colliding A.P, police; Killing of a youth, MUJAHID, Lathi charge and firing of police on his funeral
Hyderabad, 11 November, 2004: The Civil Liberties Monitoring Committee, India and other mass organizations belongs to Dalits, Muslims express its deep concern over the illegal arrest of Moulana Naseeruddin, killing of an innocent youth Mujahid by Gujarat police and lathi charge and firing on the peaceful funeral procession of Mujahid
All are well aware that Muslims played an important role in election to defeat the fascist TDP government, with the hope that rights will be protected and atrocities will stop. But it is utter shock for the Muslims, that police atrocities increased and even POTA sanctioned by the present congress government against Muslims which was not implemented on them by the previous Government. It is very sorry to say that after changing of government, still police is following the same cruel policies of previous government to suppress and repress the Muslims. This is because the anti Muslim police officers are still on the key posts in both CID and city police who are trying maximum to their level best to harass the Muslim.
After the assurance given by Congress Govt, Gujarat police picked up Moulana Naseeruddin with the help of top official of CID and Hyderabad city police. Gujarat police ACP Narendra Amin killed a youth by firing at the point blank range, and after this city police and CID officials protected this killer and provided him escort also.
It is the matter of shame that Moulana Naseeruddin was arrested when he went for attendance at DGP office as per the High court instructions. And this is unfair and illegal to arrest a person untransparently who is law abiding and respectable mass leader.
Chief Minister of A.P and Home Minister openly saying that they were not aware nor informed about the incident occurred on 31-10-2004 at Director General office, in which Moulana Naseeruddin arrested and a youth was killed by Gujarat police
Even after such incident and death of an innocent youth, police again tried to sabotage the peaceful funeral procession of Mujahid by unwanted firing and lathi charge on women, children and elderly people. Even police not spared the father of the victim Moulana Abdul Aleem Islahi by beating black and blue.
A delegation already met the Chief minister of A.P and demanded:
1. Conduct the judicial enquiry to disclose the conspiracy of police while arresting moulana Naseeruddin and sabotage of funeral procession of Mujahid by the police.
2. Take action against the killer of Mujahid and send the A.P police to Gujarat for the Arrest of Narendra Amin
3. To withdraw all the cases registered against innocent people, who were there to attend the funeral.
4. Chief minister should visit the house of Mujahid Father for consoling (C.M, didn’t visit the house and not issued any condemn statement which proves the irresponsibility of C.M.
5. Stop any further arrest by Gujarat police in Andhra Pradesh (Gujarat police issued a press statement that they will come again to arrest more people from A.P
I am herewith requesting all the human right /civil liberties/mass organization and intellectuals to come forward to protect lives of innocent people of A.P from Gujarat Police.
Sd/- Lateef Mohd Khan
Civil Liberties Monitoring
Amberpet, Hyderabad, A.P - 500013 India, Tel: +91-9391051586 Fax: 91-40-27403392, Email: