ALL INDIA MUSLIM
AIMMM Delegation Calls on Minister of Home Affairs to Discuss Muslim Concerns
Receives Warm and Sympathetic Response
New Delhi, 23 June, 2004: Shri Syed Shahabuddin, President of the All India Muslim Majlis- e-Mushawarat (AIMMM), has issued the following Statement :
"A Delegation of the AIMMM under the leadership of its President, Shri Syed Shahabuddin, called on Shri Shivraj Patil, Minister of Home Affairs to press for expeditious implementation of the assurances to the religious minorities in the Common Minimum Programme (CMP) of the UPA Government and redressal of their longstanding concerns.
The Delegation submitted an Aide Memoire to Shri Patil giving the priorities of the community in terms of Babari Masjid Question, Gujarat Massacre, physical security, promotion of Secularism, protection of human rights, repeal of POTA etc.
The Aide memoire and the discussion touched the following topics:
1. Appropriate Steps for the Revival of the Secular Order.
2. a) Reconstitution of the National Integration Council; b) Removal of Governors and other nominees of the Vajpayee Government with RSS background in various national institutions.
3. a) Empowerment of NHRC with establishment of Organic Linkage between the National and State Commissions and Implementation of Ahmadi Committee Report; b) Ratification of International Humanitarian Laws and Conventions relating to Human Rights, particularly the Enactment of a Law on Genocide, Accession to International Code of Criminal Justice.
4. a) Settlement of Ayodhya Question: Expediting the Title Suit and Government public commitment to execute the final judicial verdict in the light of Supreme Court Judgement of 1994; b) Reunification of the bifurcated chargesheet for trial by the Special Court in Lucknow in order to expedite the Criminal Cases related to the Demolition; c) Discouragement of Private Initiatives for Negotiations between unauthorized persons for out-of-court settlement.
5. Repeal of the POTA Act and review of all TADA/POTA Cases.
6. Due Representation of the Muslim Community in Central Para-military Forces and the Intelligence Machinery.
7. Physical Security: a) Enactment of the Proposed Model Law on Social Violence; b) Enactment of Hate Legislation and reinforcement of Section 153A and 153B of the IPC; c) Prohibition of all Senas which teach hatred and train members in use of weapons and fire arms and indulge in organized violence; and d) Review of the Implementation of the Long-term Recommendations of the Reports of Commission of Inquiry in case of Major Communal Violence since 1980: Bihar Sharif Massacre, 1980, Nellie Massacre, 1983, Meerut - Maliana-Hashimpura Massacre, 1987, Bhagalpur Massacre, 1989, Mumbai Disturbances, 1993.
8. a) Review of the Progress of Relief and Rehabilitation of the Victims of Gujarat Massacre;
b) Review of the Progress of the Criminal Cases relating to Godhra Tragedy and the Gujarat Massacre, 2002.
9. Detection, Detention and Deportation of alleged Immigrants only in accordance with law and Extension of Illegal Migrants (Determination by Tribunals) Act to other States, if needed.
10. Application of Places of Worship (Special Provisions) Act, 1991.
11. Liberalization of the flow of Foreign Contribution for educational purpose: Publication of Annual Report
12. Review of the Ban on the SIMI."
Sd/- Syed Shahabuddin
ALL INDIA MUSLIM
N-44, Abul Fazal Enclave, Jamia Nagar, New Delhi - 110 025 Phone: 2632
6780 Fax: 2632 7346 Email: