Jobs @ MG
2005: Indian Muslim
For Latest Indian Muslim
Statements click here
Archive of Indian Muslim Statements click here
ALL INDIA MUSLIM
The All India Muslim Majlis-e-Mushawarat (AIMMM)
proposes to form teams of volunteers who may rapidly respond to negative
publicity about Islam and Muslims in general and Muslim Indians in
Rapid Response Team for Anti-Defamation ACTION
SCOPE OF WORK:
1. RE-ACTIVE: To present a
positive response by pointing out factual inaccuracies, false
assumptions and illogical conclusions. Whenever a print or electronic
media reports negatively about "Muslims" or "Islam".
2. PRO-ACTIVE: To build Muslim community’s relationship
with the media on a long-term basis with the object of enabling the
media to present both sides of an issue of concern to the Muslim
3. LONG-TERM GOAL: To raise Muslim representation in the
media in all major national and important foreign languages by
encouraging Muslim youth to pursue a career in journalism.
The AIMMM invite all educationists and socially conscious Muslim youth to
volunteer their services, if they can bring at least one or two of the
following qualifications to their important work.
1. Commitment and Willingness to dedicate one
hour every day to monitor the media and respond.
2. Knowledge about Muslims and Muslim Indians to correct the wrong
portrayal of Islam
3. Ability to put relevant points together through research and
4. Writing or speaking skill
5. Discipline to follow the team leaders for the sake of coherence.
6. Focus on a chosen topic or aspect, over a period of time, in order to
7. Self control in responding to false accusations.
8. Wisdom to resist counter-accusation and to avoid strong language.
National press and National Radio and TV channels can be best handled
centrally. But regional or local press and radio and TV channels have to
be tackled locally, best in the city of publication. So the teams will be
built up in every State capital/media centre.
Once more than one persons in any place get involved, they can form a
Rapid Response Team, choose a leader and set up a system for exchange of
information and views on a daily basis and then division of work among
For consideration and advice.
Sd/- Syed Shahabuddin
15 February, 2005
ALL INDIA MUSLIM
D-250, Abul Fazal Enclave, Jamia Nagar, New Delhi - 110 025 Phone: 2632
6780 Fax: 2632 7346 Email:
; www.mushawarat.com q
Indian Muslim Islamic News
Read and support
The Milli Gazette