Letter to PM on Iran from Muslim organisations
Milli Gazette Online
Dr Manmohan Singh ji,
Hon’ble Prime Minister of India,
7, Race Course Road, New Delhi-01
Hon’ble Prime Minister,
We, the undersigned, who represent Muslim organisations of national standing
have considered the impact of our vote on the IAEA Board’s Resolution of 24th September, 2005 on Iran’s Nuclear Energy Programme. The
Governments’ stand in support of the US sponsored Resolution has been widely criticized as a deviation from the independent course of our foreign policy and
principles of non-alignment, a blow to the solidarity of third World, a condemnation without evidence of
Iran’s programme for development of nuclear energy for peaceful purposes and indirect support for the long term strategy of the US to invade Iran and, above all, a repudiation of our age-old cultural ties.
We deemed it surprising that this Resolution has been adopted after Iran
offered to open its nuclear energy programme for foreign collaboration and to resume dialogue with the IAEA on inspection of nuclear facilities.
We humbly urge you to reconsider the Government stand and oppose any move to condemn Iran as a threat to international peace and refer the case to UN Security Council.
With kind regards.
Signatories are as follow:
1. Ml. Shafi Moonis Vice-President, Jamaat-E-Islami Hind
2. Dr. S.Q.R. Ilyas, Editor Afkar-e Milli
3. Ml. Ameeduz Zaman Kairanwi, Gen Sec, Muslim Majlis Mushawart (Qasmi Group)
4. Ml. Yasin Akhtat Misbahi, Chairman Muslim Mushawarti Board.
5. T. A. Rehmani President, Muslim Political Council of India
6. Ml. Mohsin Taquvi, Imam Shia Jama Masjid, Delhi
7. Dr. Zafarul Islam Khan, Editor, The Milli Gazette, Delhi
8. Mr. Javed Habeeb Presidentr, Bharti Majlis
9. Mr. Nusratulllah Afandi Asst. Sec JIH
Indian Muslim Islamic News
Indian Muslim Organisation Press Releases / Statements
Subscribe to the PRINT
edition NOW: Get the COMPLETE picture
pages choke-full of news, views & analysis on the Muslim scene in
India & abroad...
Delivered at your doorstep, Twice a month