Aloo kulcha recipe
Ingredients (Makes: 5)
Maida / All purpose flour – 1 cup; Milk – 1/4 cup; Curd – 1 tbsp
Baking powder – 1/2 tsp; Cooking soda – 1/4 tsp
Sugar – 1 tsp; Salt – as needed; Butter- to smear (optional)
Potato – 2; Red chilli powder – 1 tsp
Amchoor powder – 1 tsp; Coriander seeds powder – 3/4 tsp
Garam masala – 1/4 tsp; Ajwain – 1/2 tsp
Chopped coriander – 3 tbsp; Salt – as needed
Mix flour, baking powder, cooking soda, sugar, salt well with a whisk. Make a dent and add milk, curd.
Mix together and sprinkle more water and make it to a non sticky dough. Dough should be soft, not too tight. Keep aside for 3 hrs, knead again to make it smooth and make 5 equal sized balls.
Meanwhile, you can prepare potato stuffing. Pressure cook potato for 3 whistles. Once done, peel the skin and crumble it. Add all the masala powders mentioned, salt, ajwain, coriander leaves and mix well.
1. Make equal sized balls same as maida dough.Spread the rolled maida dough to a thick disk.
2. Place the potato stuffing inside. Gather the sides and cover the stuffing and pinch together to seal.
3. Dust well with flour and spread to thick kulchas. Sprinkle some sesame seeds and chopped coriander leaves and put the rolled kulchas over it. Gently roll again to make it stick to the kulcha.
4. Sprinkle few drops on the top surface of the kulcha and smear every where. Heat tawa and place the kulcha with water applied side over it. Cook covered for a minute.
5. Flip and cook for 1/2 a minute and if you want, you can cook in direct flame for few seconds.