Malegaon High School
Malegaon: Anjuman Moinut Talaba was the first educational institution of Malegaon which was set up jointly by Maulana Abdul Hameed No’mani and Hakeem Hasan Saheb in 1930. Before the establishment of Malegaon High School, the mission of this Anjuman was to impart rudimentary education to poor and deserving students because poor students whose parents could not afford to pay the fees of their children were turned out of other schools. This Anjuman was active before Independence and got registered under Societies Act. In 1956 Malegaon High School was started in a rented building of two rooms. When attempts were being made to admit students for 8th class, people began to raise questions how this school would be run and what would be the future of this school and its students. There were not many people to help it financially and also most of the students were dropouts. In the first years there were only 29 students for whom school uniform was prescribed blue shirt and white pyjama. When the students, in celebration of Independence Day took out a procession on 15 August clad in school uniform and passed through different roads people for the first time had the pleasant surprise when they saw the school uniform and welcomed it. With this the School became popular and large number of students came for admission. In view of the shortage of space at that time it was outside the city area and where it was almost a jungle and hence cheap. The foundation stone of new building of the school was laid in July 1966 by Y.B. Chavan who was at that time Union minister for defence. Ever since then this school is gradually marching on the road to progress and spread of education.
Last year, Malegaon High School and Junior College completed its 54th year. According to its present Head Master, Ateeq Sha’baan, this school has now more than 60 rooms, more than 5000 boy and girl students and more than 150 teachers with vast playground and all facilities of games for the students. An auditorium with all the modern facilities has been built at a cost of Rs 48 lakh with funds provided by Australia-based octogenarian Dr. (Mrs) Zaini Bashir Sheikh. This auditorium has facilities of indoor games for children, gym, library, assembly hall etc. The school is doing good work for the promotion of Urdu and has set an example for other Urdu medium schools. This school also started MHCET classes and most of the students of first batch have successfully qualified MBBS and BDS and the number of students in all branches is increasing every year. Because of its standard of education, good examination results and popularity, even candidates from Mumbai, Nasik, Jalgaon, Bhiwandi etc are coming here for seeking admission among which there is considerable number of non-Muslim students. The library of this school contains some of the most rare books and in addition to books, newspapers and magazines etc of different languages are regularly received here and products of this school have spread to all parts of the country. In addition to education of students, this school has the honour of holding teachers training classes and conferences, seminars and training programmes are also frequently held here. This school is the first one in Malegaon which was the first to start K.G. classes.