Indian Islamic students’ president on the Ayodhya Verdict
Suhail Kachai Korail, National President, Students Islamic Organisation of India (SIO), New Delhi has posted the following questions on his blog regarding the Babri Masjid – Ranjanmbhoomi Ayodhya Allahabad High Court Bench judgement:
- According to the court verdict on “title suite,” who is the real owner of the “disputed land?”
- If the title is with Hindus then how come one third is given to Muslims?
- When was Ram born? When and where was Ram's Samadhi? (As per court documents, statement made by a very popular Hindu priest while answering questions in the court said that Ram was born before 9 Lakh years! Ironically, no man existed on the phase of earth before 9 lakh years! And The place of Samadhi is more important than the place of birth as per any faith.)
- Is “Ramayana” a mythology or a factual history document?
- It is evident that there is difference of opinion (beliefs) within the Hindu scholars on the location of “Ayodhya” and the exact spot of Ram Janmasthan. What was the court's logic of spotting the exact Janmasthan nullifying all other “beliefs”?
- The court document submitted by the poojari of Ram chhabutra, Mahand Raghuvardas on 1885 (125 years back) to Faizabad court says that the place of centre dome is masjid and permission must be granted to do pooja rituals in Ram Chhabutra. And the court too agrees that Ram Lalla stones were smuggled into Masjid and fixed in the place of central dome on 22/23 Dec 1949 with a new claim. Means the claim of Ram Janmasthan on the central dome of Masjid was made recently. One of the judges in their judgment had said: “That for some decades before 1949 Hindus started treating/believing the places beneath the Central dome of mosque (where at present make sift temple stands) to be exact birth place of Lord Ram”. How can the court say “the place is worshipped by Hindus from times immemorial?”
- What is the court's logic of defining “faith?”
- If Hindu faith is defined by Hindu scriptures which is the authentic text which spots Ram Janmasthan?
- Did ASI submit a single unambiguous tangible excavation evidence of a demolished Ram temple? If so what was it? (One of the judges has clearly stated in his judgement: “No temple was demolished for constructing the mosque.”)
- If tomorrow people of different faiths without evidences start to believe and make claims on lands and constructions, on what grounds will the court judge?