Notice to Old Delhi School for expelling student
New Delhi: Taking sou motu cognizance on the basis of press reports about the sudden expulsion of Sadia, daughter of Muhammad Sharif, a 9th class student, Delhi Minorities Commission sent a notice to the Principal of Hakim Ajmal Khan Senior Secondary School in Daryaganj to reply:
- why the said student has been expelled;
- what enquiry was conducted before taking this decision;
- is it correct to victimise a victim;
- did the school enquire if the said student’s marks-sheet and transfer certificate were fake;
- did the issuing school certify that the marks-sheet and transfer certificate of the said student were fake;
- if Oren Public School is responsible for this, what action has been taken against that school; and
- was Directorate of Education informed about same?
It may be recalled that last week Hakim Ajmal Khan Girls Sr. Sec. School had abruptly expelled the student because earlier she studied in an unrecognised school which procured certificates from another school, which is a common practice in Delhi.